Hiring City Maintenance
The City is accepting applications for a full time employee year round 40 hours per week in the public works department.
Duties will consist of:
- Street maintenance such as snow removal, potholes, patching,
- Park maintenance such as mowing, trimming, sprinklers, tree trimming, general maintenance.
- Equipment maintenance / repairs
- Water and Sewer maintenance such as monitoring wells and lift stations, repairing lines, changing out or testing meters.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must contain a valid drivers license.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be able to be on call 24/7 for emergency purposes
- Must live within 15 minutes of city limits
- Must be able to obtain a water and sewer license within a time agreed upon by the city and individual.
Not Required but would prefer
- Someone capable of running Heavy equipment
- Sewer and water licenses
- Basic Mechanic skills
- Sprinkler knowledge
- Persi retirement
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Dental, vision and accidental insurance. (currently no health insurance)
- Cell phone
- Pay starts at $15-16 per hour depending on experience. We do offer a $0.50 raise per water and sewer license.
If interested please drop off your resume to city hall and fill out an application by no later than Friday November 5, 2021. Interviews will start the following week.
If you have an questions about the job please email email@example.com
Sugar City Application for Employment Application for Employment